The Discussion: The publication of Jeni’s new research paper, a review of Netflix shows Challenger and Away (sublime and ridiculous).
The News: Rounding up the space exploration news we have:
- ESA and JAXA’s future infrared space telescope cancelled
- Mercury-bound Bepi-Colombo is passing Venus – with sensors…
- Get ready for next month’s launch of China’s epic Chang’e 5 moon mission.
- A change in crew for Boeing’s creed Starliner test flight to the ISS
- NASA’s shiny new plan for Artemis and human exploration of the moon
- A gallop through SpaceX’s achievements
Main news story: Astrophysicists scoop up Nobel Prizes again this year.
The Electromagnetic Spectrum: The ultraviolet and X-ray parts of the spectrum. How these telescopes were developed and became ever more powerful.
Q&A: If you had to choose just one mission or big science experiment to proceed in your remaining lifetimes, what would you choose and why? Victor Carroon, London, UK via email.