The Discussion: Ralph visits and records from The Cradle of Aviation Museum in Long Island, New York, we enjoyed some great skies with good weather in the UK, Betelgeuse still hasn’t gone pop – though we’re still watching, and NASA have an open day that you can attend.
The News: Rounding up the astronomy news this month we have:
- An evidence based look at Starlink
- Tracking molecules from birth to arrival in our solar system
- An enigmatic Type 1a supernova
- An interesting 14 millisecond gravitational wave detection
- Goodbye Spitzer Space telescope
The Sky Guide: This month we’re taking a look at the constellation of Lynx with a guide to its history, how to find it, a couple of deep sky objects and a round up of the solar system objects on offer in February.
A Guide to the Electromagnetic Spectrum: In this series we’ll take a look at the electromagnetic spectrum, what, it is, what is shows us and why it’s so important to astronomers. This month we start with a quick and simple explanation.