The Discussion: A look at the BBC’s new Martian invasion documentary, The War of the Worlds; the recent transit of Mercury; Celestron’s new phone adapter; Jen’s upcoming talks in Wales, an update on Jen’s research paper, a new research project and a debate over the start and end of a decade. Then we take a look at a couple of listeners’ emails.
The News: Rounding up the astronomy news this month we have:
- Water vapour geysers on Europa
- Ultima Thule loses its Nazi moniker
- Locating the stellar remnant from the closest supernova to Earth
- Are Axions dark matter particles? (no)
- And a round up of spaceflight news from NASA, ESA, India, New Zealand & UK
The Sky Guide: Covering the solar system and deep sky objects on offer to amateur astronomers in December:
- Jen: A round up of the planets available to northern hemisphere observers in December, and a look at the Pleiades in Taurus.
- Paul: The best meteor shower of the year and naked eye visible open cluster Messier 35.
The Debate: A look back at the debates and votes over the past year with your result for The Best Space Mission of All Time.