This Awesome Astronomy episode is inspired by last week’s incredible SpaceX launch and listeners’ requests to talk a bit more about SpaceX and the advances in commercial spaceflight. In this Podcast Extra, we’re joined by spaceflight aficionado Gavin Price (@pilliarscreatio) to discuss:
- The inaugural Falcon Heavy launch and what it achieved
- Was the launch awesome or all hype?
- How good is the Falcon Heavy really?
- Will Falcon Heavy or Elon’s next ambitious rocket make NASA’s rocket redundant?
- How about other organisations? (ULA/Arianne/Blue origin etc)
- Where do the commercial companies leave the likes of Soyuz? (TsSKB-Progress)
- Where do we see access to space in ten, fifteen, twenty years time?
- Will Elon make good on his plan to colonize Mars?