What to look out, and up, for in February.
Ralph, Paul & Jen pick their highlights for this month’s skies; starting with the solar system objects on offer to observers and imagers:
- Track Mars’ passage through Scorpius & Ophiuchus
- Jupiter in Libra gives us a shadow transit and a look at its Great Red spot
- Dwarf Planet Ceres at opposition on 1st February & Comet Heinze in Pegasus
Next up, we take a deep sky pick from our list of favourites for this time of year:
- Ralph – Open clusters Messier 67 and the Beehive Cluster in Cancer
- Jen – Messier 101, the Pinwheel Galaxy, in Ursa Major
- Paul – NCG 40, the Bow Tie nebula, in Cepheus
And we finish this sky guide with February’s moon phases.