The Discussion: Paul avoids the big freeze with astronomy cheats, Ralph reads out the latest good and bad reviews, while Jeni becomes a ‘Who’s Who’ question at Cardiff University!
The News: Rounding up the space and astronomy news this month we have:
- Voyager 1 shows it still has the skills and prolongs its own life
- An update on the extrasolar asteroid that just buzzed our solar system
- Physicists observe a reversal of the arrow of time in laboratory experiments
- The European Southern Observatory image convective cells on another star
- NASA reveals its next two major planetary exploration missions
Science Concept: This month we return to astronomy-related concepts as we delve back into the quantum world for a primer on the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle and why you cannot know both the position and velocity of a particle.
Q&A: Listeners’ questions via email, Facebook & Twitter take us on a journey into the astronomy issues that have always plagued our understanding or stretched our credulity. This month we take a look at the upcoming astronomical highlights:
What is the one thing in the world of astronomy that each of you is looking forward to in 2018? Steve Brown from Yorkshire via Twitter (@sjb_astro)