What to look out, and up, for in October.
Jeni, Paul & Ralph pick their highlights for this month’s skies; starting with the solar system objects on offer to observers and imagers:
- Blue/green ice giant Uranus
- The Orionids meteor shower brings us the debris from Comet Halley
- Saturn, recently liberated from the perpetual gaze of Cassini
- A not-to-be-missed conjunction of Venus and Mars on 5th October.
- Finally, a couple of comets that may be visible
Next up, we take a deep sky pick from our list of favourites for this time of year:
- Paul – Spiral Galaxy NGC772 in Aries.
- Jeni – Brocchi’s Cluster or The Coathanger Cluster in Vulpecula
- Ralph – The Triangulum Galaxy in Triangulum
And we finish this sky guide with October’s moon phases.