What to look out, and up, for in May.
Jeni’s abandoned us this month in favour of research-grade instrumentation so only Paul and Ralph pick their highlights for this month’s skies; starting with the planets on offer to observers and imagers:
- The planets Jupiter in the evening and Saturn in the morning
- Three meteor showers peaking this month
- A pair of comets to observe with amateur telescopes or binoculars
Next up, we take a deep sky pick from our list of favourites for this time of year:
- Ralph – The Great Globular Cluster in Hercules
- Paul – The Globular Cluster Messier 5 in the constellation Serpens
And we finish this sky guide with May’s moon phases.