What to look out, and up, for in October.
Our highlights of this month’s skies with the planet on offer to observers and imagers:
- Venus & Saturn in the late evening with a nice conjunction of the pair.
- Uranus as it reaches opposition on the 16th.
Next up is the meteor showers and October brings us:
- The Draconids peaking on 7th October
- The Orionids peaking on 20th/21st October
Then we each take a deep sky pick from our list of favourites for this time of year:
- Ralph – Algol, the Demon Star & The Double Cluster in Perseus
- Paul – The Auriga open clusters: M36, M37 & M38
- Jeni – and the Owl Cluster in Cassiopeia
And we finish this sky guide with October’s moon phases.